Are you tired of dealing with oily skin that just won't quit? Look no further than Korean moisturizers.
With their innovative ingredients and lightweight formulas, these moisturizers are perfect for those with oily skin.
We've rounded up the top 5 Korean moisturizers that will leave your skin feeling hydrated and refreshed without any greasy residue.
Enjoy exploring our world of beauty!
What Are Korean Moisturizers for Oily Skin?
Korean moisturizers are specifically designed for oily skin, providing hydration without greasiness. They're typically made with lightweight formulas and oil-free ingredients like hyaluronic acid that won't clog pores or cause breakouts.
Korean moisturizers also often contain unique ingredients, such as ginseng extract and green tea, that are packed with antioxidants to help protect from environmental stressors.
How We Choose the Best Korean Moisturizers for Oily Skin
Finding the perfect moisturizer for oily skin can be a daunting task. With so many options on the market, it's hard to know which ones will actually work without leaving your skin feeling greasy and weighed down.
That's why we've done the research for you. We've scoured through hundreds of reviews on Amazon to bring you the top 5 Korean moisturizers that are specifically formulated for oily skin.
These moisturizers have been tested and proven by real people with similar skin types, so you can trust that they will work for you too.
1. COSRX Oil Free Lotion
Best Moisturizer with Birch Sap
If you're looking for a moisturizer that's perfect for oily and combination skin, COSRX Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion is definitely worth checking out.
It's incredibly easy to use, making it a simple everyday staple in your skincare routine. It gives the perfect soothing and moisturizing effect.
This daily moisturizer provides your skin with the nourishment it needs instantly, making it great for both day and night use.
Its light and non-greasy consistency allows the lotion to penetrate deeply into your skin, calming and treating irritated areas while recharging it with necessary antioxidants and vitamins.
The key ingredient, natural willow bark water (birch sap), makes up 70% of the formula and is effective in restoring moisture and maintaining proper hydration levels in your skin.
Plus, this lotion has fast and smooth absorption capabilities - no more sitting on top of your skin with no benefits.
Overall, I highly recommend giving this lotion a try if you're looking for a great moisturizer that won't leave you feeling greasy or weighed down.
- Lightweight, non-greasy formula.
- 70% natural willow bark water for optimal hydration.
- Easy to use and fast absorption.
- Can be used both day and night.
- Potentially irritating for those with sensitive skin.
2. ETUDE SoonJung 10 Free Moist Emulsion
Best Paraben-free Moist Emulsion
ETUDE SoonJung's hypoallergenic formula is designed to absorb quickly and help weak skin become healthy. It's easy to use - just gently apply an adequate amount and pat it over your skin until absorbed.
During the process, you may notice a white layer forming due to the moisturizing properties of its natural ingredients, but don't worry - just gently pat it in for absorption.
One of the best things about this emulsion is what it doesn't contain - it's free of animal materials, mineral oil, color additives, synthetic perfume, polyacrylamide, silicone, imidazolidinyl urea, triethanolamine, surfactant, and paraben. That means you can feel good about what you're putting on your skin.
But perhaps the most impressive aspect of this emulsion is its ability to protect your skin barrier while providing soothing care.
The makers have done their research into the causes of sensitive skin (such as dryness and weakening of the skin barrier) to develop solutions for healthy skincare.
- Free of animal materials, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, and other irritants.
- Developed with sensitive skin in mind.
- Soothes and strengthens the skin barrier while providing hydration.
- Lightweight formula that absorbs quickly without a greasy residue.
- May be too light for very dry skin.
- Could potentially cause irritation if used too frequently.
3. IUNIK Centella Calming Gel
Best Cream with Botanical Ingredients
IUNIK Centella Calming gel cream is formulated with botanical ingredients such as Centella Asiatica leaf water, tea tree extracts, Niacinamide, and adenosine.
It's free of alcohol and other irritating substances, making it perfect for those with sensitive skin.
This moisturizer is incredibly effective at moisturizing dry skin and improving skin irritation. It contains Centella Asiatica extract and tea tree extract - both well-known soothing ingredients that help heal and strengthen the skin from irritation.
Plus, it features 6 sprout extracts (pak choi, broccoli, sprout wheat, clover, white radish, and cabbage) to provide even more nourishment.
One of the standout features of this gel cream is its use of 72% Centella Asiatica leaf water instead of purified water.
It ensures maximum efficacy and makes it suitable for all skin types - but particularly effective for those with irritated or sensitive skin.
If you're worried about fragrances or comedogenic ingredients causing issues with your skin, don't be - IUNIK Centella Calming Gel is free of artificial or synthetic fragrances and is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
- 72% Centella Asiatica leaf water for maximum efficacy.
- 6 sprout extracts to nourish and protect.
- Natural ingredients that are free of artificial fragrances, alcohol, and other irritating substances.
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
- Not suitable for very oily skin.
- Has a slightly greasy finish.
4. TONYMOLY Green Tea Watery Cream
Best Cream with Pure Green Tea Extract
TONYMOLY Green Tea Watery Cream is formulated with over 80% green tea extract, providing gentle yet intense hydration that lasts. It is the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin.
The Chok Chok collection features a special fermented Korean green tea called 'ChungTaeJeon,' with over a thousand years of history.
This naturally fermented green tea is fermented through sunlight for over 365 days and provides high anti-oxidant and moisturizing benefits to the skin - much higher than that of fresh green tea. It also helps to unclog the clogged pores.
In addition to the green tea extract, this cream also contains lemon seed oil, which is filled with antibacterial and antifungal properties. And rosewood oil helps soothe and revitalize the skin.
One of the best things about this cream is its use of pure fermented green tea extract - a TONYMOLY global exclusive ingredient. It's incredibly effective at providing intense hydration without feeling heavy or greasy on the skin.
- Over 80% green tea extract for intense hydration.
- Contains lemon seed oil and rosewood oil to soothe and revitalize the skin.
- Lightweight, non-greasy formula that absorbs quickly.
- Free of alcohol, artificial fragrances, and other irritating substances.
- May be too light for very dry skin.
- Could potentially cause irritation if used too frequently.
5. BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel
Best Dermatologically Tested Gel
BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel is enriched with a blend of botanical ingredients, including aloe vera leaf juice and extract, propolis extract, and grapefruit fruit extract.
One of the standout features of this face gel is its ability to soothe irritated skin while providing ample nourishment.
It's also effective at fighting oxidative stress and protecting from external stimuli. The result? Healthier, more supple skin that looks and feels great.
Not only does this face gel purify and refresh the skin, but it also strengthens its moisture and defense barrier.
The presence of moisturizing ingredients creates a moisture barrier to prevent water evaporation and dryness - perfect for those with dehydrated, oily, and sensitive skin. And because it's alcohol-free, it won't cause any irritation or redness.
Another great thing about BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel is that it's vegan-friendly and free from artificial fragrances and colors, parabens, or essential oils.
This means you can use it on oily acne-prone skin without worrying about causing further breakouts or irritation.
- Botanical blend of aloe vera leaf juice and extract, propolis extract, and grapefruit fruit extract.
- Soothes irritated skin and provides ample nourishment.
- Effective at fighting oxidative stress and protecting from external stimuli.
- Strengthens moisture and defense barrier.
- Could be too light for extremely dehydrated skin.
- May take longer to absorb than other products.
Best Korean Moisturizers for Oily Skin - Buying Guide
Korean skincare has taken the world by storm, and for a good reason. Korean beauty products are known for their high-quality ingredients, innovative formulas, and effectiveness.
When it comes to choosing a lightweight moisturizer for oily skin, it can be overwhelming with so many options on the market.
In this buying guide, we'll break down what to look for when selecting the best Korean moisturizers for oily skin.
Ingredients to Look For
When searching for a moisturizer that's suitable for oily skin, it's important to look for lightweight formulas that won't clog pores or leave a greasy residue on the skin. Here are some key ingredients to look out for:
- Green Tea Extract: Green tea is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe irritated and inflamed skin. It also helps regulate sebum production, making it an ideal ingredient in moisturizers designed for oily skin.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic that helps fight acne-causing bacteria while also reducing inflammation and redness.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is a powerful humectant that draws moisture into the skin without leaving a greasy residue. It's perfect for oily skin because it provides hydration without adding excess oil.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 that helps regulate sebum production while also improving the overall texture and tone of the skin.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is known for its soothing properties and can help calm inflamed or irritated skin while providing lightweight hydration.
Formulas to Consider
When selecting a Korean moisturizer suitable for oily skin, you'll want to choose one with a lightweight formula that absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving any residue behind. Here are some popular formulas to consider:
- Gel Moisturizers: Gel-based moisturizers are lightweight and absorb quickly into the skin without leaving any residue behind. They're perfect for those with oily or acne-prone skin as they provide ample hydration without adding excess oil.
- Emulsions: Emulsions are similar in texture to lotions but have a lighter consistency which makes them perfect for those with oily or combination skin types.
- Water-Based Moisturizers: Water-based moisturizers are ultra-lightweight and absorb quickly into the skin without leaving any greasy residue behind.
Best Korean Moisturizers for Oily Skin - FAQs
I understand that finding the right skincare products can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to oily skin.
In this section, I aim to answer some of the most common questions you may have about Korean moisturizers and provide you with helpful tips and insights to make your skincare journey easier.
Is Korean skincare good for oily skin?
Yes, Korean skincare can be excellent for oily skin. This is partly due to the fact that the Korean beauty industry has put a great deal of emphasis on catering to all types of skin.
As such, they have created a range of products that are specifically designed to address the needs of those with oily skin types.
Should oily skin avoid moisturizer?
No, oily skin should not avoid moisturizer. In fact, moisturizing is an essential step in any skincare routine, regardless of skin type.
Oily skin can still become dehydrated, and using a moisturizer helps to keep the skin's barrier healthy and hydrated.
However, it's important to choose a moisturizer that is specifically formulated for oily skin and is lightweight and non-greasy.
Look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid or glycerin, which help to hydrate the skin without adding excess oil.
What should not apply on oily skin?
There are certain products that people with oily skin should avoid to prevent further oiliness or breakouts. Here are a few things that you should not apply on oily skin:
- Heavy, oil-based moisturizers: These can clog pores and make your skin look greasy.
- Thick, heavy foundations: They can also clog pores, causing acne and breakouts.
- Harsh, alcohol-based toners: These can strip the skin of its natural oils, leading to the overproduction of sebum.
- Over-exfoliating: While exfoliating is important for removing dead skin cells, overdoing it can cause irritation and inflammation, which can lead to more oil production.
- Products containing fragrances or essential oils: These ingredients can be irritating to the skin and cause breakouts in some people.
It's important to choose products that are specifically formulated for oily skin and avoid anything that could make your skin feel greasy or irritated.
Why is my face still oily after moisturizer?
There are a few reasons why your face may still be oily after moisturizing:
- Using the wrong moisturizer: If you're using a heavy, oil-based moisturizer on oily skin, it can make your skin look greasier. Look for lightweight, oil-free formulas that won't clog pores.
- Over-moisturizing: While it's important to keep your skin hydrated, over-moisturizing can lead to excess oil production. Stick to the recommended amount of product, and don't apply too much.
- Not waiting long enough for the moisturizer to absorb: Give your moisturizer a few minutes to fully absorb into your skin before applying makeup or going outside. If you don't wait long enough, it can mix with your natural oils and create a greasy appearance.
- Hormonal changes: Oily skin can be caused by hormonal fluctuations, which may not be affected by skincare products.
If you're having trouble controlling oiliness despite using a good skincare routine, consider talking to a dermatologist who can give personalized advice and recommend specific products for your skin type.
Does oily skin need sunscreen?
Yes, even oily skin needs sunscreen. Sunscreen is important for protecting your skin from harmful UV rays that can cause damage and premature aging, as well as increase your risk of developing skin cancer.
In fact, people with oily skin may be more prone to sunburns because the excess oil on their skin can attract and absorb more UV radiation.
To avoid making your skin look greasy or shiny, choose a lightweight, oil-free sunscreen specifically formulated for oily or acne-prone skin. Look for products labeled "non-comedogenic," which means they won't clog pores.
Can I skip moisturizer in the morning if I have oily skin?
No, you should not skip moisturizer in the morning, even if you have oily skin. Moisturizer is important for keeping your skin hydrated and healthy, regardless of your skin type.
When you skip moisturizer, your skin can become dehydrated and produce more oil to compensate for the lack of moisture. This can actually make your skin look oily and greasy throughout the day.
Instead, choose a lightweight gel cream or an oil-free gel moisturizer that won't clog pores or contribute to excess oil production. Look for products labeled "non-comedogenic," which means they won't cause breakouts.
Finding the right moisturizer for oily skin can be a challenge, but Korean skincare brands offer some of the best options on the market. The 5 products listed above are all great choices for those looking to hydrate their skin without adding excess oil or shine.
These moisturizers also contain natural extracts such as green tea and bamboo extract that help control sebum production and soothe irritated skin.
Incorporating one of these top-rated Korean moisturizers into your skincare routine can help you achieve healthy, glowing skin without compromising on hydration or exacerbating oily skin concerns.