Blog Introduction: If you have extremely knotty hair, you know the struggle of trying to comb through it without any success. Your hair gets tangled easily, and when you try to comb it, the knots just seem to get worse. But don't worry, we're here to help!
In this blog post, we'll share some of our best tips for detangling extremely knotty hair. Keep reading to learn more!
- Start with clean, wet hair. Wet hair is easier to detangle than dry hair, so start by shampooing and conditioning your hair in the shower. Once your hair is clean and wet, apply a leave-in conditioner or detangling spray to help loosen the knots.
- Use a wide-tooth comb. When detangling your hair, be sure to use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush. This will help minimize breakage and make detangling easier. Begin at the bottom of your hair and work your way up to the roots.
- Take your time. Don't try to Rush through the detangling process or you'll just end up with more knots. Take your time and be gentle as you work through the tangles.
- Use oil or serum. If your hair is particularly dry or frizzy, apply a small amount of oil or serum to help smooth the cuticle and make detangling easier. Simply apply a small amount to your wet OR dry hair and comb through as usual.
- Follow up with a moisturizing treatment. After you've successfully detangled your hair, give it an extra boost of hydration with a deep conditioning treatment or mask. Leave the treatment in for at least 5 minutes (or longer if you can), then rinse thoroughly and style as usual.
Detangling extremely knotty hair can be a challenge, but with these tips, you can definitely do it! Be sure to start with clean, wet hair; use a wide-tooth comb; take your time; and follow up with a moisturizing treatment for best results.